Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Confession.

Okay, I admit it.  I miss teaching.

I didn't for months.  But now I do.

I miss kids, I miss laughter, I miss the fact that it makes me sing.  I miss coming home with stories at night.

I miss having something other than me to think about, something to learn about.  I miss having staff to talk to, conversations with students, football games to attend.

I miss having purpose that is timed, a schedule that is structured, and a livelihood that brings also me alive.

Pretty much, I really miss it.  I feel such hope when I think of bright colored classrooms and bells that ring on time and students who give me something to smile or laugh or shake my head about during the day.

I don't miss meetings.  I don't miss keeping up the online gradebook.  I don't miss pressure for students to perform.  I don't miss students who sleep.  I don't miss "black pant" drills, five day work weeks, or my crazy AP.

But I miss teaching.  There I admit.  I miss that part of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment