Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The Best Wine.

In John 2:1-19, the Scripture tell the story of Jesus' first miracle: Water into wine. As the story goes, there was a wedding in Cana of Galilee that Jesus went to with his friends. At the wedding, they ran out of wine. This was the ultimate embarrassment for the host. Jesus' mother ran to him and pleaded with him to do something.

So Jesus created wine. His own blend. His own aroma. His own balance. His own creation.

The hosts were so surprised that they rushed to exclaim favor on it. (It was customary that wine cheapened in flavor and body as the party ambled because guests were often too drunk to notice by then.) His pride swelled as he realized that they had offered the best at last.

I have a card from Trish dated September 15, 2011. The ending line reads:

I am excited about your new adventure with Mark. Jesus truly brings "the good wine."

Jesus truly has brought the best wine for me in the form of Mark. I have waited and prayed and hoped and wondered, and in His timing, in His form of a miracle, he brought me Mark. I am thankful for Mark. I am thankful for Jesus. I am thankful for waiting for "the best wine".


No comments:

Post a Comment