Monday, October 10, 2011

Stories Worn Like Songs.

I dressed tonight for my Women's Ministry meeting, carefully eyeing over my thoughts of pink and pastel and feeling beautiful and feminine. From my closet I pulled a precious sweater, ivory buttons sewed into soft cloth, a fabric bouquet of pink floral at the chest. But then I swirled over to my jewelry orchestra, a display of stories worn like songs. And tonight I wore:


~ Pearls. Because I'm a Southern women, a feminine aristocrat at times. Donning dresses and and pearls and breathing in air like a women of the South, a longing to feel the belle of the antebellum.

~ Cuffed wristlet engraved with "Put On Love," given to me after my story was shared to through the women's ministry a few weeks ago. It already has a special place in my heart.

~ Silver watch. Bought with Mark's mom our first shopping day. A day of special memories laughter, and Charming Charlies. Being girly, giggling, and loved.

~ Pink ring. I only wear it on days that matter. On moments I want to remember, need to capture, or desire to embrace. Its the first thing I bought after my mom died. From my sister. Its presence reminds me of that time, of those days, of her. It feels like such a special gift, precious treasure.

I love that the adornment is an art, sharing stories worn like songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment