Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Real Mail.


Trish would say, "Did you pray for that?"

And again, I would answer "Yes."

To anyone who knows me, this post does not come as unusual. You know I am obsessed with mail. Yes: mail, mail, mail. Snail mail. The kind that comes with frabic paper, or imprinted symbols, or textured letters. The envelopes with return addresses or Halmark seals or out-of-state postmarks. The scrawlings of real penmanship, friendship words, heart in script. Mail. Real mail.

I got home today, and walked to the pile of mail on the counter. It was 9:50pm and I left the house at 6:41am. And the mail gleaned at me. I literally prayed, "Please Lord, let there be some encouragement in this."

And surely, a card from my friend Amy brought such relief and love to the day. The cover portrays a young girl pursing for lipstick, dressed like the 195s0s Hollywood star; captivating. But inside, all the more, were her words of encouragement and giftings over me. I want to hug it and sleep with it held to my chest.

Today, I prayed for encouragement. Today I prayed for it in mail. Today, the Postman heard my cry.

~~~
P.S. Thanks to everyone who sends me mail. You make my day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment