Sunday, October 30, 2011

Simply Thankful.

I am simply thankful, for mornings like these where I snuggle beneath blankets and tea and sit with the Lord and rest and be.

I am simply thankful, for nights like the last, where our friends come and collect with pizza or coffee or dressed for Halloween. Where Marks house fills with their laughter, and our talk, and the sport on TV. Where we fellowship and mingle and I simply can't help but look around, and be simply thankful.

I am simply thankful, for cell phones and friends. For calls from Mark and texts from Trish and pictures from Kelsey. For that connection to community that crosses miles or context.

I am simply thankful, for students who make me laugh, who bring me McDonalds, who tell stories, who are Country.

I am simply thankful, for the accessibility to The Word. To it on my iphone, or in my prayer chair, or cupped in my hand. For its easy application, its strength, its encouragement, its ability to deliver hope and light and peace and Truth.

I am simply thankful, for childish moments at the circus and movies like Footloose.

I am simply thankful, for Mark's mom who studies the Truth. And his family that loves Jesus and the fact that mine does too.

I am simply thankful, for my mantle softly spoken. Poked with flowers up from vases and the ceramics of Aunt Ruth.

I am simply thankful, for Trish and Linds and bread baskets too. For their thoughts on Wednesday, and the reminder to be: Simply Thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment