Thursday, March 21, 2013

March In My Heart.

It is March in my heart right now.  Like March in the soil, March in the sky, March in the season.  I feel the brightness awaken of the tips of summer -- noons of nice weather, daffodils brought to raise, and trees blossomed with white rounds.  I feel the cold luster of winter -- the dreary clouds, the deaded bushes, and the early dark of night.  I feel the sway of days, undetermined by any sense of normal, flowing up to warmth and beauty as quickly as the dash down to chilled and dragging.

It is March in my heart right now.  No sense of norm, little equilibrium to keep balance.  Each day is new and present, but changing always, from sloshy to sunny.  Promises lay among the ground, like hydrangeas darkened black yet showing growth of green, like deaded tree springs finding blooms in bundles, like tulip leafs stretching through.  They are yet to be full alive, fully awakened, but are yet discerned, noticed, promising.

With each day, I am taught to abide in my heart right now, to trust his promises and remain faithful.  Whether the morning brings birds singing, the March sign that May will come, or misty rain, the foretelling of April showers, renewal is here and promises are present.  The rain feels like saddness or loneliness or barren spaces of time, at times.  But I know its making a fresh the soil in my heart and in my life, preparing it as fertile for new growth to come.

It's March in my heart right now.  A mixture of staying quiet against the harsh of winters season, or preparing for joy in bulbs reaching for growth, or feeling sunshine color my skin like dreams in brushstrokes begun painted.  It's March in my heart right now.

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful. I love the metaphor, the two ideas paralleled next to each other perfectly, intertwining so that I can begin to feel and understand you; even now as I lay on my bed with my window cracked open I can feel the cool, moist air of a wintery April evening, but in it is a warmth and hope of spring to come...

    love you, and swaying with you between the two seasons.

    ReplyDelete