Sunday, March 11, 2012

I See You.

I have a friend who always says, "I see you" with exuberance and a twinkle and bright white smilie on his face, often with that little head nod that guys do.

There is something in that phrase. Something in those words that is more than language.

Its being known.

Deep in the heart of all mankind is the desire to be known, to be seen. I feel it in myself, the craving and longing to be known inwardly, within every facet and canal of my workings.

When I hear my friend say this, when I feel the desire to be known, I feel the core of my humanity. I feel that inner need, that longing. I feel the friendships who know, who 'see' me. I feel their presence and the power of that kindred heart to carve through the layers and know, and see.

Yet I also recall his promise: that He is El Roi: The God Who Sees. That He is the God who made, who created, who designed, who breathed life. He is the Psalm 139 God. And He is The God Who Sees.

I am thankful for my friend, for his true, so deeply genuine heart. I am thankful that he "sees" and that with laughter and a twinkle, his line has spoken so clearly to me and others: "I see you."

And I am thank for my God. That I serve the God Who Sees. That the God I know, knows me and makes himself known to me. That he is El Roi: The God Who Sees.

No comments:

Post a Comment